Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Story of the Zacharies

I recently posted the news about our annual poultry accumulation day. Every year I end up with more poultry than I mean to, the difference being, I usually end up with more chickens, and this year I ended up with more everything. More chickens, more ducks, and definitely more turkeys.



On our way to town last week, Avery asked for turkeys, and when met with an initial no, set about naming the turkeys after herself and her best friend.then texting her friend to tell her about the turkeys. I am not sure whether I was more disturbed by the lack of creativity in the name or by the names themselves. Talk about turkeys with guaranteed amnesty! No way will I have Avery for lunch next November!


A few miles down the road she announced her friend Zachary wanted poultry named after him as well, I guess it was a sauce for the goose sauce for the gander type moment. I am still not quite sure how it happened, one moment we had all these anonymous mallards and the next we had 6 Zacharies. (Or should it be Zacharys?)

The Zacharies are all still so young we can't tell the boys from the girls, perhaps some of them may grow up to have different names. Until then the little villains can keep terrorizing my chickens. Regardless, they can all sleep well knowing they won't be the cause of any additional dishes beside the sink.....

No comments:

Post a Comment